Gourmet Bacon & Egg Flammkuchen
Published 16th March, 2020
Cuisine: German Serves: 2
Preparation: 10 Mins Cooking: 5 Mins
- 2 Flammkuchen
- 100gm Barossa Fine Foods Gourmet Bacon, sliced thin
- ½ Cup Pizza or Sugo Sauce
- 2 Eggs
- 2-3 Bocconcini
- ½ Bunch Basil, fresh or fried
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven or pizza oven
- Spread the flammkuchen base evenly up to 0.5cm from the edge with the sugo sauce, add slices of Gourmet Bacon, top with the bocconcini cheese. Crack one egg on the middle of the toppings.
- Bake in the oven with upper & lower heat. The flammkuchen should be baked for 3-4 minutes 250-300℃ directly on a fireclay stone. Alternatively use a barbecue plate with the hood closed.
- Scatter over the basil leaves and grind over a little black pepper.
- Do not cook flammkuchen on baking paper