Seafood Marinara Chowder
Published 19th June, 2020
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 40 Mins
- 600gm Angelakis Marinara Mix
- 200 gm Piece of Barossa Fine Foods Meaty Speck
- 1 Small Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Leek (white part) finely sliced
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- 50 gm Butter
- 1 tbls Plain Flour
- ½ Cup White Wine
- 2 Cups Chicken or Fish Stock
- 2 Cups Milk
- 600 gm White Potatoes
- ½ Cup Cream
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Chopped Parsley, to serve
- Peel and cut the potatoes into one centimetre cubes, set aside.
- Remove the rind from the piece of meaty speck and cut into one centimetre cubes. Heat the olive oil in a heavy based sauce pan over medium heat, fry the cubes of speck until they start to colour, reduce the heat a little and add the onion, leek & garlic. Cook without colour until soft and fragrant.
- Add the butter to the saucepan along with the plain flour, cook for 1-2 minutes then add the white wine, continue to cook for a further minute.
- Add the chicken or fish stock, milk and the cubed potatoes, allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add the seafood marinara mix and gently stir in the cream, allow to simmer for a few minutes until the seafood is cooked through.
- Season with sea salt & black pepper, serve with crusty bread and garnish with chopped parsley