Miso & Toasted Sesame Butter
Published 2nd December, 2019
Preparation: 15 Mins Cooking:
- 250 gm Butter
- 1 ½ tbls Red Miso Paste
- 1 ½ tbls Sesame Seeds
- Cut butter into small pieces, place in a large bowl and allow to soften at room temperature.
- Gently toast the sesame seeds, either in a fry pan on the stove top or in the oven at 160℃ until golden brown, taking care not to burn. Allow to cool.
- Add the miso paste and toasted sesame seeds to the butter & mix well, whisk well until the butter is light and fluffy.
- On a sheet of baking paper shape the butter into a log, roll up the paper and twist ends to secure. Refrigerate till the butter is firm, slice and serve.
- Miso paste is available in Asian grocers or in good quality supermarkets. This butter is also delicious served with grilled salmon or chicken.