Duck & Fennel Sausage Rolls with Tomato Relish
Published 24th July, 2020
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 30 Mins
- 9 Barossa Fine Foods Duck & Fennel sausages
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50gm sesame seeds
- 50 gm Fennel Seeds
- Tomato Relish, to serve
- Fresh Thyme Leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180℃
- Cut each puff pastry sheet in half. Gently split the sausage skins and remove the sausages from the skins, retaining the sausage shape. You will need 1 and ½ sausages for each piece of pastry.
- Place the sausage meat along the long edge of the pastry and gently roll over to encase the sausage, brush the edge of the pastry with beaten egg to secure.
- Marking only the pastry, divide each sausage roll into four pieces with a sharp knife. Brush the top with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds and fennel seeds
- Evenly place the sausage rolls on a tray lined with baking paper, bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving, sprinkle with the fresh thyme leaves and serve with tomato relish.