Baked Brie wrapped in Streaky Bacon with Garlic & Thyme
Published 6th September, 2021
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 15 Mins Cooking: 20 Mins
- 8 Thin Slices Streaky Bacon
- 1 Cheesemonger Adelaide Hills Brie
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 4 Sprigs Thyme
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil Spray
- Extra Thyme, to serve
- 1 Sourdough Baguette, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180℃
- Remove the rind from the meaty speck with a sharp knife. On a piece of baking paper lay out the pieces of thinly sliced meaty speck in a lattice pattern. Do this by laying down one horizontally, then one vertically, then horizontally then vertically overlapping them as you go until you have used all of the pieces of meaty speck.
- Remove the brie from the wrapper and place in the centre. Gently fold over the edges of the meaty speck around the brie and carefully flip over. Place the brie onto the baking paper and then onto a baking tray.
- Thinly slice the garlic clove and place on top of the brie along with the thyme sprigs. Give the brie a light spray of olive oil and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the baguette and slice. Remove the baked brie from the oven and garnish with a little extra fresh thyme and grind over some black pepper. Serve immediately with the sourdough.
- The meaty speck can be substituted for smoked pancetta.