Sumac Marinated Pork Cutlets with Roasted Cauliflower & Kale Salad & Hummus
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 40 Mins Cooking: 30 Mins
- 4 x Barossa Fine Foods Pork Cutlets
- 2 tbls Sumac
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- ½ Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 (400 gm) can Chick Peas, Drained
- 2 Cups Kale, Chopped
- 2 Cups Salad Leaves
- 1 (400 gm) can chick peas, drained (reserve ¼ cup of the brine)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 3 tbls Tahini
- 3 tbls Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- To prepare the Pork Cutlets place the Sumac, 2 tbls of olive oil & sea salt in a bowl and whisk together, toss the Pork Cutlets in the sumac mixture and allow to marinate for half an hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180℃, place the cauliflower on an oven tray lined with baking paper, drizzle with olive oil & sprinkle with sea salt, roast in the oven until golden brown.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, toss the drained chick peas in 2 tbls of olive oil & place on an oven tray lined with baking paper in a single layer and sprinkle with sea salt, roast in the oven until golden and crispy, remove from oven once cooked and allow to cool.
- To prepare the hummus, in a food processor place the chick peas, garlic, tahini & lemon juice, process, then add the ¼ cup of brine and process again. With the motor running drizzle in the olive oil in a steady stream until combined and the hummus is smooth. Taste and season with sea salt & pepper.
- To cook the Pork Cutlets, heat a heavy based, non stick fry pan over medium heat, cook the pork cutlets on one side for 6 minutes, turn over and cook for a further 6 minutes. Allow to rest for 2 minutes before serving.
- Combine the chopped kale & salad leaves, serve with the pork cutlets, hummus, roasted cauliflower and garnish with the roasted chick peas.