Sticky Hoisin Pork Meatballs
Cuisine: Asian Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 15 Mins
- 800 gm Barossa Fine Foods Pork Mince
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- ½ Cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbls Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbls Fish sauce
- 2 Spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbls Ginger, grated finely
- 2 tbls sesame oil
- 1 Cup Hoisin sauce
- ½ Cup water
- 4 tbls Rice wine vinegar
- Toasted sesame seeds & fresh coriander to serve
- In a large bowl combine Pork mince, egg, panko bread crumbs, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, finely chopped spring onions & grated ginger.
- Mix well to combine. Roll into balls approximately one tbls in size.
- In a heavy based fry pan over a medium heat, fry the meat balls in the sesame oil until browned on all sides.
- Add the hoisin, water & rice wine vinegar, bring to a simmer.
- Cook for a further 10-12 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has reduced a little.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and coriander, serve with steamed Asian greens & rice