Smoked Chorizo Baked Beans
Cuisine: Spanish / Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 10 Mins Cooking: 20 Mins
- 150 gm Barossa Fine Foods Chorizo, diced
- 1 tbls Olive oil
- ½ Brown onion, chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Red capsicum, chopped
- 1 x 425gm can Butter beans, drained
- 1 x 425gm can Diced tomatoes
- 5 sprigs Thyme
- 1 tbls Brown sugar
- Sea salt & black pepper
- In a saucepan over medium heat sauté the onions & garlic in the olive oil till transparent add the Chorizo, cook for a few minutes. Add the capsicum & cook till soft, reduce heat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes & cook for five minutes over a low heat, then add the beans & thyme. Stir in the brown sugar & simmer for a further five to eight minutes.
- Season with sea salt & pepper to taste. Serve on toasted sourdough with poached eggs, garnish with chopped Thyme