Smoked Chorizo, Avocado & Octopus Salad
Published 5th December, 2019
Cuisine: Australian / Spanish Serves: 4
Preparation: 30 Mins Cooking: 15 Mins
- 1 Barossa Fine Foods Chorizo
- 500 gm Angelakis Western Australian Octopus
- 1 tbls Oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbls Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbls Olive Oil
- 2 tbls lemon juice
- Extra lemons & parsley leaves for garnish
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 1 Avocado
- 2 cups Rocket leaves
- 2 tbls baby capers
- 3 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup Olive oil
- In a small bowl combine the oregano, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice. Add the octopus tentacles & mix to coat, season with sea salt & black pepper. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat BBQ or a heavy based grill pan, slice chorizo & grill on each side for a few minutes, set aside. Cook octopus tentacles for 7-8 minutes on each side and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, place the rocket leaves on a plate, layer with slices of avocado & chorizo. Slice the octopus & place on top of the salad. Sprinkle with the baby capers & extra parsley leaves, serve with the red wine vinaigrette & chargrilled lemon halves.
- To make the dressing, place the mustard & red wine vinegar in a small bowl, in a slow, steady stream pour in the Olive oil while whisking.