Smoked Chicken Caesar Salad
Published 10th December, 2019
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 15 Mins Cooking: 20 Mins
- 2 Barossa Fine Foods Chicken Breast Singles
- 16 Slices Gourmet Bacon, thin
- 4 Eggs, soft boiled
- 4 Thick Slices Sour Dough Bread
- 2 Baby Cos Lettuce
- 80gm Parmesan, shaved
- 3 tbls Vegetable Oil
- ¼ Cup Parsley Leaves
- Cracked Black Pepper
- ½ Cup Good Quality Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- 4 Anchovies, finely chopped
- 1 tbls Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbls Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbls Olive Oil
- 1 tbls Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbls Grated Parmesan, fine
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- To make the dressing, in a bowl add the mayonnaise, sour cream, anchovies, parsley, garlic, Dijon mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and grated parmesan. Gently whisk together, taste and season with the sea salt & black pepper. Store in the refrigerator until required.
- Seperate the lettuce leaves and wash thoroughly, drain in a colander.
- Make the croutons by slicing or tearing the sourdough bread into small pieces about 1.5 cm in size. Heat a heavy based frypan over a medium heat, add the vegetable oil & cook the croutons in batches until golden and crispy, drain on paper towel.
- Drain the oil from the pan and cook the gourmet bacon until crispy, drain on paper towel.
- To assemble the salad, place the lettuce leaves on a platter, slice the smoked chicken breast and place on the leaves, scatter over the bacon & croutons. Peel the eggs and cut in halves, place on the salad, sprinkle with the shaved parmesan and parsley leaves then finish with a little cracked black pepper.
- Serve with the Caesar dressing.