Oven Roasted Chorizo with Balsamic & Cherry Tomatoes
Published 12th October, 2020
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 10 Mins Cooking: 30 Mins
- 8 Barossa Fine Foods Smoked Chorizo
- 1 Punnet Cherry Tomatoes, on stems
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Bulbs
- 3 tbls Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 6 Sprigs Thyme
- Extra Thyme, to serve
Caramelised Onion Jam
- 1 kg Brown onions, sliced
- 2 tbls Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Black Pepper, cracked
- For the onion jam, heat the olive oil in a heavy based saucepan over a medium heat, add the sliced onions and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently until the onion is soft. Reduce the heat to low, add the sugar and balsamic vinegar, season with sea salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes or until the onions are caramelised and the sauce is thick. Store in sterilised jars.
- Preheat oven to 180℃
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, place the cherry tomatoes into the tray along with the garlic bulbs with the tops cut off. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Slice chorizos in half length ways, in a large pan over a medium heat grill the sausages until they start to brown, 1-2 minutes each side. Add to the tray with the tomatoes and garlic. Drizzle the chorizos with the balsamic vinegar and sprinkle over the thyme, place in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes or until the sausages are golden & the tomatoes cooked through.
- Serve on a platter, sprinkle with black pepper and garnish with the extra thyme leaves, serve with a green salad & crusty rolls.
- Caramelised onion jam will keep in the fridge for two weeks.