Meaty Speck; Mozarella & Tomato Pizza
Published 1st January, 2019
Cuisine: Italian Serves: 4
Preparation: 30 Mins Cooking: 10 Mins
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 ¾ cups plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 24 thin slices of Barossa Fine Foods Meaty speck
- 400gm Sugo or pizza sauce
- 200 gm Mozzarella cheese
- 6 - 8 Orritz Anchovies (optional)
- Fresh herbs
- Combine water, yeast & sugar in a bowl, place in a warm placer ten minutes or until bubbles appear.
- Place the flour & salt in a bowl, make a well in the centre. Add the the water & yeast mixture & stir till a dough forms. Cover with plastic film or a clean tea towel a place in a warm place for 25 - 30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
Pizza ToppingTime: aN:00
- Preheat a pizza oven or a conventional oven to 200℃
- Divide the pizza dough in half & gently roll out on a floured board into an oval shape approx ½ cm thick.
- Spoon on the tomato sugo & spread over the base, layer the meaty speck, anchovies & mozzarella over the base. Bake for 25 -30 minutes or until the top is golden & the base is crispy, garnish with the fresh chopped herbs.