Published 21st July, 2021
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 10 Mins Cooking: 1 Hr 30 Mins
- 1.2 - 1.5 kg Piece of Corned Beef
- ⅓ Cup Malt Vinegar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Brown Onion
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 1 ½ tsp Black Peppercorns
- Cold Water
- In a large saucepan place the malt vinegar, brown sugar, bay leaves and black peppercorns. Peel and roughly chop the brown onion and add to the saucepan.
- Remove the corned beef from the packaging and place in the saucepan, add cold water until the corned beef is completely covered, bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and skim off any foam. Cover and allow to simmer for one hour and thirty minutes, skimming every now and then.
- Once the beef is cooked remove from the liquid, carve and serve. Serve with parsley sauce, English mustard, roasted baby potatoes and Brussel sprouts.