Creamy Cauliflower & Roasted Garlic Soup With Bacon Crumble
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 45 Mins
- 1 Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Large white potatoes, peeled & diced
- 3 Bulbs garlic
- 1 Brown onion, chopped
- Olive Oil
- 1 Litre Chicken stock
- 300 ml Rich cream
- Sea Salt
- White Pepper
- 300gm Barossa Fine Foods Gourmet Bacon, diced
- 300gm sourdough bread
- 40gm Butter
- Cut the tops off the bulbs of garlic, drizzle with olive oil & roast in the oven at180℃ until soft & golden. Allow to cool, squeeze out the garlic.
- In a large pot, sauté the onion in olive oil, add the cauliflower, potato & roasted garlic.
- Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer & cook till cauliflower & potatoes are tender. Approx. 40 minutes
- With a stab mixer blend soup till smooth, add the cream, season with sea salt & pepper
- To make the crumble, roughly chop the sourdough in a food processor. In a heavy based pan over a medium heat fry the bacon pieces till they are almost crispy, add the butter & the sourdough & fry till the bread is crispy. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve the crumble on top of the soup & garnish with chopped parsley or fresh herbs.