Published 25th November, 2019
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 10 Mins Cooking: 30 Mins
- 500 gm Schulz Bacon
- 1 Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Canadian Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- Cut the bacon into 1cm squares, heat a heavy based saucepan over a medium heat and add the bacon, cook the bacon until its golden and crispy’ remove from the saucepan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel, reserve a little of the bacon fat in the pan to cook the onions.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan and reduce heat, cook until they are golden and caramelised, stirring frequently.
- Return the bacon to the onion mixture and add the brown sugar, maple syrup, cider vinegar and chilli flakes, stir & allow to come to a simmer, simmer for approximately 8-10 minutes or until the mixture is thick and jammy.
- Store in a sterilised jar in the fridge, will keep for two weeks.
- This bacon jam is delicious on cheese toasties or in homemade burgers