South Australian Mussel, Prawn, Tomato & Bacon Spaghetti
Published 17th August, 2020
Cuisine: Italian Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 25 Mins
- 500 gm Angelakis Pot Ready Mussels
- 400 gm Angelakis South Australian Cooked Prawns
- 100 gm Barossa Fine Foods Gourmet Bacon
- 1 ½ tbls Olive Oil
- 50 gm Butter
- 1 Small Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 1 (400 gm) Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Passata
- 2 tbls Tomato Paste
- 2 Anchovies (optional)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Italian Parsley, to serve
- Pangkarra Wholegrain Spaghetti
- Cook spaghetti as per the packet directions, strain and set aside.
- Cut the bacon into square pieces about 1 cm (approximately) in size.
- Heat a large frypan over a medium heat, add the olive oil and cook the bacon until it starts to brown, add the butter, sauté the onions and garlic until soft and fragrant, add the white wine, crushed tomatoes, passata, tomato paste, anchovies and sugar. Season with sea salt and black pepper, cover and simmer gently for 7-10 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, wash the mussels under cold water and drain. Remove the shells from the prawns (leaving the tails on) remove the intestinal tract.
- Remove the lid from the pan, add the mussels and prawns along with the cooked spaghetti. Cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until the mussels have opened, toss well.
- Sprinkle generously with chopped Italian parsley & serve