Smoked Kransky & Kale Pasta Bake
Published 19th June, 2020
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 30 Mins
- 500 gm Barossa Fine Foods Smoked Kransky
- 2 tbls Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 4 Cups (Cooked) Rigatoni
- 1 (400 gm) Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Passata Sauce
- 2 tbls Tomato Paste
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 2-3 Cups Kale, washed & roughly chopped
- ½ Cup Grated Mozzarella
- ½ Cup Grated Tasty Cheese
- 2 tbls Finely Chopped Parsley
- Preheat oven to 180℃
- Slice the kransky into 1centimetre pieces. In a large pot over a medium heat, add the olive oil & brown the kransky, add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, pasta & tomato paste, season with sea salt and black pepper. Add the chopped kale and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir the cooked rigatoni through the tomato sauce and remove from the heat.
- Place the pasta mixture into a deep oven proof tray and sprinkle with the mozzarella & tasty cheese. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
- The rigatoni may be substituted for pasta shells & the kale for baby spinach.