Smoked Chorizo & Prawn Pizza
Published 6th December, 2019
Cuisine: Italian Serves: 4
Preparation: 40 Mins Cooking: 10 Mins
- 16 Angelakis Banana prawns
- 2 Barossa Fine Foods Smoked Chorizo
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbls Italian Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbls Olive oil
- 300gm Sugo or pizza sauce
- 200 gm Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 bunch basil
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 quantity Pizza dough
- 1 + ½ Cups plain flour
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ Cup warm water
- Combine the warm water, sugar & yeast in a jug, stir and set aside in a warm place until bubbles form.
- In a food mixer (using the dough hook) place the flour & sea salt, mixing slowly, add the water and yeast mix, mix until the dough has come together.
- Cover with a damp tea towel & set aside for 30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size. Once proved remove from bowl & half, roll out on a floured board. Assemble pizza.
- Devein the prawns by cutting along the back of the prawn with a small sharp knife & removing the vein. We’ve left the tail on for this recipe but they may be removed.
- Slice the chorizo into thin slices.
- Roll out the pizza dough, top pizza dough with sugo sauce, prawns, chorizo slices & mozzarella cheese. Cook in a pizza oven or on a pizza stone in the oven.
- Scatter with torn basil leaves & cracked black pepper