Pork & Beef Classic Bolognese Pappardelle
Published 15th April, 2020
Cuisine: Italian Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 45 Mins
- 500gm Barossa Fine Foods Pork & Beef Mince
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 x 400gm (can) Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 x 500gm ‘Relish the Barossa’ Classic Pasta Sauce
- 2 Anchovies (Optional)
- Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 x 375gm Packet Pangkarra Wholegrain Pappardelle Pasta
- Grated Parmesan & Fried Sage Leaves to serve
- Cook the wholegrain pappardelle in a large pot of boiling water as per the instructions on the packet.
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the olive oil, onion & garlic. Cook until soft and fragrant, add the pork & beef mince and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the mince has browned.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, anchovies and Classic Pasta Sauce. Allow to come to the boil then reduce heat to a gentle simmer, cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid, taste and season with the sea salt and pepper, allow to simmer for a further 5-10 minutes with the lid off If the sauce is not thick enough.
- Serve with pappardelle, grated parmesan & fried sage leaves.
- The anchovies are optional, they give the bolognese sauce an extra depth of flavour & dissolve in the cooking process. Try them in your slow cooked casseroles & Osso Buco too!
- This Bolognese sauce is also great for lasagne