Maple & Cinnamon Bacon with Pancakes, Pecans and Maple Syrup
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 15 Mins Cooking: 15 Mins
- 1 Packet Barossa Fine Foods Maple & Cinnamon Bacon
- 100 gm Pecan Nuts
- Maple Syrup
- Vegetable Oil or Butter, for cooking pancakes
- 2 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 ¾ Cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbls Butter, melted
- ¼ Cup Caster Sugar
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- To make the pancake batter, sift the flour into a large bowl, stir in the caster sugar and sea salt. In a seperate bowl whisk together the milk, eggs and melted butter. Make a well in the centre of the flour and whisk in the milk mixture, continue whisking until the batter is combined and free from lumps.
- Heat a non stick frypan over a medium heat, reduce the heat slightly and grease pan with butter or oil. Add approximately ¼ cup (or less depending on the size pancakes you would like) Make two pancakes at a time, cook for two minutes on the first side or until bubbles appear, turn & cook for a further two minutes on the other side. Remove from pan and cook the rest of the pancakes, greasing the pan each time.
- Cook the bacon in a frypan over medium heat, place the pancakes on warmed plates, layer with the cooked bacon, pour over the maple syrup and sprinkle with roughly chopped pecans.