Lamb Loin Chops with Chargrilled Eggplant, Asparagus, Mint, Pea & Goats Cheese Salad
Published 28th January, 2020
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 30 Mins Cooking: 15 Mins
- 12 Barossa Fine Foods Lamb Loin Chops
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Finger Eggplant
- 2 Bunches Asparagus
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- ¼ Bunch Mint
- 100gm Goats Cheese
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- To prepare the Lamb loin chops, first trim off ant excess fat then place in a bowl. Add the garlic, a few table spoons of olive oil, toss to coat, season with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Allow to marinate while preparing the eggplant & asparagus.
- Cook the peas in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, drain and refresh under cold running water and set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue grill plate or grill pan. Wash and trim the asparagus & slice the eggplants in halves lengthways, drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt. Chargrill the eggplant and asparagus until cooked through, set aside.
- Once the vegetables have cooled assemble the salad, layer the eggplant, asparagus & mint on a serving platter, add the peas and crumble over the goats cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cracked black pepper.
- Chargrill the loin chops for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving with the salad & natural yoghurt with a little olive oil, sea salt & finely chopped garlic stirred through.