Lamb and Feta Sausages with Pita, Eggplant & Babaganoush
Published 12th December, 2019
Cuisine: Australian / Lebanese Serves: 4
Preparation: 1 Hr Cooking: 15 Mins
- 8 Barossa Fine Foods Lamb & Feta Sausages
- 8 Long Rosemary Sprigs (optional)
- 4 Pita Breads
- 2 Cups Rocket Leaves
- 2 Egg Plant
- Olive Oil
- 180gm Persian Feta
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
BABAGANOUSH (EGGPLANT DIP)
- 2 Eggplants
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, skin on
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- 2 tbls Tahini
- 1 tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Sea Salt
- To make the eggplant dip, preheat the oven to 190℃, place the eggplant and the garlic cloves on a tray lined with baking paper, roast for 30-40 minutes or until the eggplant is cooked through & soft. (Remove garlic from oven after 15 minutes) Set aside eggplant & garlic to cool.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthways and scoop out the flesh, roughly chop & transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, smoked paprika to the eggplant, squeeze the roasted garlic from the skins and mash all of the ingredients together with a fork until combined, season with sea salt.
- Slice the eggplant into slices lengthways sprinkle with sea salt & drizzle with olive oil. To prepare the sausages, skewer each sausage with a rosemary sprig, lightly drizzle with oil, cook the egg plant & sausages on the barbecue hot plate until cooked through.
- Serve with warmed pita bread, rocket leaves, crumbled feta & the eggplant dip.