Grilled ChickenThighs with Wild Mushroom & Tarragon Risotto
Published 16th April, 2020
Cuisine: Italian Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 30 Mins
- 500gm Barossa Fine Foods Chicken Thighs
- 1 (300gm) ‘Thistle Be Good’ Wild Mushroom Risotto
- Olive Oil
- 200gm Barossa Fine Foods Pancetta, sliced
- 200gm Swiss Brown Mushrooms, sliced
- 80gm Butter
- Juice of Half a Lemon
- 1 tbls Tarragon, finely chopped
- Extra Tarragon Sprigs to garnish
- 150gm Barossa Feta
- Currawong Truffle Oil
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- To prepare the risotto, add risotto and 1tbls of olive oil to a saucepan with 800 ml of boiling water. Cover, bring to the boil stirring occasionally. Reduce to a simmer, cover for 15 minutes, stir occasionally. Remove from heat, cover, sit for 5 minutes, stir well before serving.
- For the chicken, heat a large frypan over a high heat, drizzle the chicken thighs with olive oil and season with sea salt, place in the frying pan and cook on the first side until golden brown, once brown reduce the heat a little & turn the chicken thighs over, continue to grill until cooked through. Remove from the pan, set aside & keep warm.
- Add the pancetta to the pan and cook until it starts to brown and turn crispy, add the mushrooms and butter to the pan, cook for a few minutes then season with sea salt, black pepper, a squeeze of lemon juice and the chopped tarragon.
- To serve, place some of the risotto on the plate, add the chicken thighs and top with the mushrooms and pancetta, crumble over some feta cheese and drizzle with the Currawong truffle oil, garnish with a sprig of tarragon.