Flammkuchen with Gypsy Speck, Fresh Figs, Thyme & Fig Syrup
Published 11th March, 2020
Cuisine: German Serves: 2
Preparation: 10 Mins Cooking: 5 Mins
- 2 Flammkuchen
- 120gm Sour Cream
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 100gm Barossa Fine Foods Gypsy Speck, sliced very thin
- 2-3 Fresh Figs
- 6 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- Cracked Black Pepper
- ‘The Figgery’ Sticky Fig Syrup
- Preheat oven or pizza oven
- In a small bowl mix together the sour cream & garlic
- Spread the flammkuchen base evenly up to 0.5cm from the edge with the sour cream, add the slices of Gypsy Speck.
- Bake in the oven with upper & lower heat. The flammkuchen should be baked for 3-4 minutes 250-300℃ directly on a fireclay stone. Alternatively use a barbecue plate with the hood closed.
- Remove from the oven and top with slices of fresh fig, scatter over the thyme leaves, drizzle with a little sticky fig syrup & grind over some black pepper.
- Do not cook flammkuchen on baking paper
- If fig syrup is not available use balsamic glaze