Casalingo Bresaola, Tomato & Bocconcini Salad with Pesto
Published 12th October, 2021
Cuisine: Italian Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins
- 250gm Casalingo Bresaola, thinly sliced
- 220gm Bocconcini
- 1 Bunch Basil
- 1 Punnet Cherry Tomatoes
- 2-3 Kumato or Chocolate Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 30gm Parmesan, grated
- ¼ Cup Toasted Pinenuts
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 ½ Cups Basil Leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ Cup Parsley Leaves
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- To make the basil pesto, in the bowl of a food processor, process the parmesan, pinenuts, garlic, basil and flat leaf parsley until everything is finely chopped. With the motor running drizzle in the olive oil until well combined. Season with sea salt & black pepper.
- Slice the Kumato tomatoes and cut the cherry tomatoes into halves, place on a serving platter. Gently fold the bresaola slices and place on top of the tomatoes. Tear the bocconcini into pieces and place in and around the salad, wash the basil and scatter over the picked leaves.
- Drizzle the salad with olive oil and sprinkle over the cracked black pepper, serve with the basil pesto and crusty bread.
- The Chocolate tomatoes may be substituted for any ripe tomato.