Tandoori Frenched Lamb Cutlets With Naan Bread
Published 1st January, 2019
Cuisine: Indian Serves: 4
Preparation: 40 Mins Cooking: 30 Mins
- 12 Barossa Fine Foods Frenched Lamb Cutlets
- 2 tbls Tandoori paste
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- 200gm Salad Leaves
- 200gm Sugar Snap Peas, blanched
- ¼ Cup Mint Leaves
- ¼ Cup Coriander Leaves
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ Cup Warm Water
- 2 + ¼ tsp Dry Yeast
- 2 +¼ Cups Plain Flour
- ½ Cup Plain Yoghurt
- Vegetable Oil
- 100gm Butter, melted
- Trim the Lamb cutlets and marinate in the tandoori paste for 30 minutes, brush with the olive oil and cook on a hot grill plate or BBQ for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Arrange the salad leaves on a platter along with the blanched sugar snap peas, coriander & mint leaves. Place the grilled cutlets on top of the salad, serve with natural yoghurt & naan bread.
- To make the naan bread, place the sugar, yeast and warm water in a bowl & set aside for 10 minutes or until it is foaming.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, yoghurt & water, kneed for 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic, cover with a damp tea towel and set aside in a warm place until it has doubled in size
- Cut the dough into 8 equal portions, roll out each potion on a floured board with a rolling pin. Heat a heavy based cast iron skillet over a high heat, brush with oil, place the dough on the skillet & cook on the first side until it puffs up & bubbles, flip it over and cook the other side.
- Repeat with remains dough.
- Brush the naan with melted butter, serve warm