Sticky Chinese Char Siu Pork Belly Ribs
Published 9th September, 2020
Cuisine: Chinese Serves: 4
Preparation: 30 Mins Cooking: 59 Mins
- 8-10 Pieces of Sliced Barossa Fine Foods Pork Belly
- ½ Cup Soy
- ½ Cup Hoisin Sauce
- ¼ Cup Shaoxing Cooking Wine
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbls Honey
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1 tsp Coriander, ground
- In a large bowl combine the soy, hoisin, Shaoxing cooking wine, brown sugar, honey, garlic, Chinese five spice and ground coriander, whisk well and reserve half of the marinade.
- Slice the pork belly ribs in half and place in the marinade, toss well to coat and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight if possible.
- Pre heat oven to 170℃ , Remove the pork from the marinade and drain well, discard marinade.
- Line one or two baking trays with baking paper, evenly space the pieces of pork belly, baste with the reserved marinade and place in the oven. Cook on one side for approximately 30 minutes, basting a couple of times with the reserved marinade, turn after 30 minutes and cook the other side for a further 30 minutes, also basting a few times.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving, sprinkle with the spring onion and serve with an Asian salad or steamed greens and rice.