Spicy Pork Mince Ramen
Published 8th December, 2021
Cuisine: Japanese Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 30 Mins
- 500 gm Pork Mince
- 1 tbls Vegetable Oil
- ½ Small Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cm Knob of Ginger, minced
- 3 tbls Mirin
- 2 tbls Soy
- 4 tbls Red Miso
- 1 tbls Sriracha Sauce (optional)
- 1 ½ Litres Good Quality Chicken Stock
- 4 Eggs
- Ramen Noodles
- 2 Bunches Bok Choy
- 1-2 Spring Onions, sliced
- Toasted Black & White Sesame Seeds
- 1 Sheet Toasted Nori, finely shredded
- Chilli Oil (optional)
- Heat a large frypan over a medium heat, add the vegetable oil and cook the pork mince until it is starting to brown, add the finely chopped onion, minced garlic and ginger. Cook until soft and fragrant.
- Add the miso paste, mirin, soy and sriracha sauce (if using) and cook over a low heat for a five minutes, remove from the heat and set aside.
- To cook the eggs, half fill a saucepan with cold water from the tap. Gently lower the eggs into the saucepan. Place the pan over a medium heat. When the water reaches a simmer, start the timer so you can time the cooking process. Simmer the eggs in the saucepan for 4 ½ minutes, remove from the saucepan and run under cold water, gently peel and cut in halves lengthways.
- To assemble, heat the chicken stock, steam the bok choy and cook the ramen noodles as per the instructions. Divide the noodles between the bowls add the bok choy. Add the chicken stock then spoon over the pork mince mixture. Place the boiled eggs on top and garnish with sliced spring onion, toasted sesame seeds and the finely shredded nori.
- Serve with chilli oil.
- If you gently stir the eggs in a clockwise direction, the movement of the water will help centre the yolks.