South Australian Oysters Mignonette with Chorizo Crumb
Published 8th December, 2021
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 10 Mins
- 24 Shucked South Australian Oysters
- 1 Barossa Fine Foods Chorizo
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 100 ml Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ tsp Freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Red Eschalot
- Rock Salt
- Fresh Thyme
- Gently remove the skin from the chorizo, cut into pieces. Place in the bowl of a small food processor and pulse until the chorizo is roughly chopped into small pieces.
- Heat a frypan over a medium heat, add the olive oil and chorizo, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon, fry until golden and crispy.
- In a small bowl, combine the red wine vinegar and cracked black pepper. Peel and very finely chop the eschalot, add to the red wine vinegar and pepper mix.
- Place some rock salt onto a serving platter then carefully arrange the shucked oysters on top of the salt, spoon a little of the mignonette dressing over each oyster, top with the fried chorizo crumb, garnish with the fresh thyme and serve with the remaining dressing.