Smoked Chorizo, Thyme & Potato Bake
Published 16th July, 2020
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 30 Mins Cooking: 1 Hr 30 Mins
- 1 kg White Potatoes
- 3 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbls Thyme Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbls Rosemary Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Barossa Fine Foods Chorizo
- 150 gm Butter, melted
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- Extra Herbs, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180℃
- Cut the smoked chorizo sausage into pieces, process in a food processor until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl place the melted butter, chorizo crumb, garlic, thyme and rosemary, mix well to combine, season with sea salt & black pepper.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and add to the melted butter mixture, toss well to coat the potatoes.
- Layer the potatoes in a heavy based casserole dish or cast iron pan, add any leftover butter mix to the pan. Once all of the potatoes are in the dish pour over the chicken stock.
- Bake in the oven for 1-1½ hours or until the potatoes are golden and cooked through. Rest for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with the extra fresh herbs.