Pork Scotch Steaks with Smokey, Chipotle Butter
Published 23rd May, 2022
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 45 Mins Cooking: 10 Mins
- 750gm Pork Scotch Steaks
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- Coriander Leaves, to serve
Smokey Chipotle Butter
- 250gm Butter
- 3 tbls Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbls Coriander, chopped
- 2 Large Brown Onions
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- Sea Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Oil for Deep-frying
- To make the smokey chipotle butter, allow the butter to soften (room temperature is perfect) Combine Butter, smoked paprika, chipotle in adobo sauce, sea salt, smoked paprika and chopped coriander in a bowl. Mix ingredients together until combined and the butter is light and fluffy. On a sheet of baking paper shape the butter into a log, roll up the paper and twist ends to secure. Refrigerate till the butter is firm. Remove from the fridge 5 minutes before serving.
- To prepare the onion rings, peel the onions and cut into rings approximately ½ cm thick, in a bowl combine the flour, and a pinch of sea salt, dust the rings in the flour and set aside.
- Add the egg to the flour and whisk in a little milk at a time to create a smooth batter (you may not need all of the milk) Dip the floured onion rings in the batter and shake off any excess, crumb in the breadcrumbs, then deep-fry until golden brown, keep warm.
- Preheat a large frypan over a high heat or barbecue grill plate.
- Season the pork scotch steaks with the smoked paprika and sea salt, drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook the pork steaks for approximately 5-7 minutes on each side, rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, slice the chipotle butter and place on top of the steaks, serve with the onion rings and a green salad.