Pork Osso Bucco With Caper Gremolata
Published 16th July, 2019
Cuisine: Italian Serves: 6
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 3 Hrs
- 1.5 - 2kg Barossa Fine Foods Pork Osso Bucco
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup Plain Flour
- 2 tbls Olive Oil
- 50gm Butter
- 1 Large Brown Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 1 Can (400gm) Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Rosé
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- 6 Thyme Sprigs
- Preheat oven to 160℃
- Season the Pork Osso Bucco with sea salt & pepper, dust with the plain flour and shake of the excess.
- Heat a fry pan over a medium heat and brown the pork in the olive oil in small batches, set aside.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Add the butter to the pan and sauté until soft and starting to brown a little.
- Add the Rosé, tomatoes, and beef stock and bring to a simmer.
- Place the browned pork osso bucco in a large casserole dish and pour the simmering liquid over the top, cover with baking paper and then wrap with foil ensuring the pan is well sealed.
- Place in the preheated oven for 3 hours, remove the foil and cook for a further 30 minutes, serve.