Pork Fillet Mignons with Streaky Bacon
Published 24th January, 2022
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 20 Mins
- 2 Pork Fillets
- 12 Slices Streaky Bacon, sliced thin
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbls Seeded Mustard, extra to serve
- 60 ml White Wine
- 80 gm Butter
- Fresh Thyme Leaves
- To prepare the pork fillet, trim the sinew from the top of the pork fillet, cut the pork fillet into 3-4 portions depending on the size of the pork fillet (we’ve cut ours into 6 cm portions, you will need two medallions per person) Butterfly each of these portions, remove the rind from the streaky bacon, wrap the bacon around each portion and secure with a toothpick. Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper and drizzle with vegetable oil.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Place the Pork Mignons into the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on the first side. Turn and cook for a further 4-5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the white wine to the pan, allow to simmer, add the seeded mustard and butter. Allow to come to a simmer while gently stirring, season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve the pork mignons with the sauce and sprinkle with the thyme leaves. Serve with the extra seeded mustard.
- Serve the pork mignons with an apple slaw.