Pork Cutlets With Cherry & Thyme Sauce
Published 1st January, 2019
Cuisine: Australian / European Serves: 2
Preparation: 40 Mins Cooking: 30 Mins
- 2 Barossa Fine Foods Pork Cutlets
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- Sea salt & Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Eschalots, finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 4 Sprigs Thyme + extra for garnish
- 1 cup Cherries, pitted
- 1 ½ cups Red Wine
- 1 tbls Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbls Raw Sugar
- 2 tbls Butter, cold
- Preheat BBQ or grill pan, season Pork Cutlets with sea salt, pepper & a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cook Pork cutlets over a medium heat for five minutes on one side, turn & cook for a further 4 minutes on the other side, remove from heat and allow to rest for 2 minutes before serving.
- To make the sauce, in a small saucepan sauté the eschalots, garlic and the thyme sprigs in the olive oil till transparent, add the red wine, balsamic vinegar & sugar.
- Allow to simmer gently until the sauce has reduced by half.
- Remove the thyme sprigs & add the cherries, add the butter and gently whisk until the butter has melted.
- Serve the Pork cutlets on plates & top with the sauce, garnish with the extra fresh thyme leaves, serve with a rocket salad.