Mini Pepperoni, Bocconcini & Basil Pizzas
Published 30th December, 2020
Preparation: 1 Hr Cooking: 20 Mins
- 2 Barossa Fine Foods Pepperoni
- 220gm Bocconcini
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- ½ Cup Green Olives
- 1 (400gm) Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbls Italian Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbls Oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tbls Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 + ½ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- tsp sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup warm water
- To prepare the pizza dough, combine the warm water, sugar & yeast in a jug, stir and set aside in a warm place until bubbles form. In a food mixer (using the dough hook) place the flour & sea salt, mixing slowly, add the water and yeast mix, mix until the dough has come together. Cover with a damp tea towel & set aside for 30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size. Once proved remove from bowl & portion into small pizzas, roll out on a floured board.
- To make the pizza sauce, in a bowl place the crushed tomatoes and tomato paste, mix well until combined, add the fresh herbs, garlic, olive oil and season with sea salt & black pepper.
- Spoon a little of the tomato sauce onto the bases, top with torn bocconcini, thinly slice the pepperoni and scatter over the pizzas. Cook in a pizza oven or on a pizza stone in the oven at 200℃ or until the bases are golden brown and the toppings cooked.
- To serve, sprinkle over the basil leaves.