Honey & Soy Slow Roasted Pork Scotch
Published 20th July, 2020
Cuisine: Asian Serves: 4
Preparation: 3 Hrs Cooking: 2 Hrs
- 1.5-2 kg Piece Pork Scotch
- ½ Cup Chinese Cooking Wine
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 3 Cloves Garlic, finely sliced
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbls Sesame Oil
- 2 tbls Honey
- ¼ Cup Ketjap Manis
- ½ Cup Soy
- 1 tbls Coriander Seeds
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- Place the Chinese cooking wine, cinnamon sticks, sliced garlic, brown sugar, sesame oil, honey, ketjap manis, soy, star anise, coriander seeds and sea salt into a large bowl and whisk well until the sugar has dissolved. Reserve half of the marinade.
- Pat the pork scotch dry with paper towel, place into the marinade and turn to coat well. Marinade for 3 hours or in the refrigerator over night if time allows, turning a few times in the marinade if possible.
- Preheat the oven to 150℃.
- Remove the pork from the marinade, discard this marinade. Place the pork onto a wire rack over a deep baking tray. Pour 2 cups of water into the baking tray and cook in the over for 2-2.5 hours. Use the reserved marinade to baste the pork scotch every half an hour.
- Serve the pork with chargrilled Asian greens, steamed rice and extra soy.