Greek Marinated Chicken Thighs with Chargrilled Lemon & Olives
Published 25th November, 2020
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 15 Mins
- 1 kg Chicken Thighs
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- ½ Bunch Italian Parley
- ½ Bunch Oregano
- 3 tbls Olive Oil
- Juice of Lemon
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Green Olives
- Baby Kale Leaves
- Extra Parsley Leaves, to serve
- Extra Lemon Halves, to serve
- Peel and finely chop the garlic, wash and finely chop the parsley and oregano. Place in a large bowl with the olive oil and the lemon juice. Add the chicken thighs, season with sea salt and black pepper, toss well to coat in the marinade. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat barbecue, use either a flat or chargrill
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and thread onto skewers, drizzle with a little extra olive oil and barbecue the chicken over a medium heat until cooked through. Drizzle the lemon halves with olive oil and grill on the barbecue plate flesh side down.
- To serve, arrange the baby kale leaves on a platter, place the barbecued chicken on top, scatter over the olives and extra parsley leaves. Serve with the chargrilled lemons and tzatziki made with Greek yoghurt.