Published 1st January, 2019
Cuisine: Italian Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 2 Hrs
- 4 Barossa Fine Foods Free Range Chicken Maryland
- 3 tbls Plain Flour
- Sea Salt
- 2 tbls Olive Oil
- 1 Large Brown Onion, chopped
- 5 Cloves Garlic, Peeled & Chopped
- 4 Anchovies
- 50 gm Butter
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives, pitted
- 1 Cup Roasted Capsicum, chopped
- 1 (400 gm) Can Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 (400 gm) Can Diced Tomatoes
- ¼ Bunch Thyme
- Preheat oven to 160℃
- To prepare the chicken, cut through the joint to seperate the drumstick from the thigh. Season the chicken with sea salt and dust with the plain flour.
- Heat the olive oil & brown the chicken in a casserole dish, on the stove top, in batches. Remove from casserole dish and set aside.
- Once the chicken is browned add the butter to the casserole dish, caramelise the onions and garlic.
- Add the anchovies, tomatoes, roasted capsicum, kalamata olives and half of the thyme, return the chicken to the pan.
- Allow to come to a simmer, place a lid on the dish or cover with a layer of baking paper and seal with foil.
- Cook in the oven for 2 hours, remove from oven & garnish with the remaining thyme.