Beef Fillet With Red Wine & Mushroom Sauce
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 2
Preparation: 35 Mins Cooking: 10 Mins
- 2 x 200 gm Barossa Fine Foods MSA Graded Beef Fillet Steaks
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- 300 gm Swiss Brown Mushrooms, sliced
- 100 gm Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 1 ½ Cups Beef Stock
- 2 Parsnips
- Sage Leaves
- Oil for frying
- For the mushroom sauce, in a heavy based fry pan over a medium heat, melt the butter & add the mushrooms and garlic.
- Sauté the mushrooms until they are golden brown. Pour the red wine and beef stock into the pan, stir and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer until the sauce is reduced by half, season with sea salt & black pepper.
- Peel & slice the parsnips very thinly lengths ways, fry in hot oil for a few minutes until golden brown, drain on paper towel.
- Fry the sage leaves in the oil in small batches for a couple of seconds, drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Brush the steaks with oil & sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Preheat a char grill, BBQ or heavy based pan to vey hot.
- Cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side, allow to rest for five minutes.
- Serve the steaks with the red wine & mushroom sauce, parsnip chips and garnish with the fried sage.