Baked Garlic, Lemon & Thyme Chicken Drumsticks
Published 4th March, 2020
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 30 Mins Cooking: 40 Mins
- 1.5 kg ( Approx 10 -12 ) Barossa Fine Foods Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tbls Olive Oil
- 2 tbls Butter, melted
- Juice of half a Lemon
- ½ tbls Lemon Zest
- 1 tbls Thyme Leaves
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 tbls Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Garlic Bulbs, halved
- 1 Whole Lemon, sliced
- Extra Thyme Sprigs, to serve
- In a large bowl add the olive oil, melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, garlic, smoked paprika, sea salt & cracked black pepper, whisk to combine. Add the chicken drumsticks to the marinade and toss to coat, place in the fridge for 40 minutes.
- On a large baking tray lined with baking paper arrange the chicken drumsticks, place lemon slices in between the chicken pieces and add the garlic bulb halves.
- Bake the chicken drumsticks in a preheated oven at 180℃, basting every 10 minutes for approximately 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve on a large platter and garnish with the extra thyme sprigs and a green salad.