American Style BBQ Ribs
Cuisine: American / Australian / BBQ Serves: 2
Preparation: 35 Mins Cooking: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
- 1.5 kg Barossa Fine Foods American Ribs (approx x 2)
- 3 tbls maple syrup
- 1 x tbls chipotle paste
- 1 x tbls Ground ginger
- 2 x tsp smoked paprika
- 1 x tsp ground cumin
- 1x tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 x tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 1 x cup Bourbon
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup malt vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together, pat ribs dry & rub the paste over ribs on both sides.
- Allow to marinate for 5 hours or overnight if possible.
- Prepare BBQ Kettle so that the ribs can cook over indirect heat (one side charcoal & the other side empty) place lid on & allow internal temperature to reach 180°C
- Wrap ribs individually in foil & cook for 2 hours over indirect heat, prepare the glaze.
- For the glaze place all ingredients in a saucepan, stir & bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer for 10 mins over a low heat until slightly reduced.
- Remove ribs from foil & brush on both sides with the glaze, return to the BBQ kettle over indirect heat for a further 30-40 minutes, basting every 10 minutes till golden & sticky.