Spanish Salami, Olive & Tomato Pizza
Published 28th January, 2020
Cuisine: Italian Serves: 4
Preparation: 45 Mins Cooking: 15 Mins
- 100gm Barossa Fine Foods Spanish Salami, thinly sliced
- 100gm Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup Whole, Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 2 tbls Fresh Oregano Leaves
- 1 (400gm) Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbls Tomato Paste
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 tbls Parsley, finely chopped
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 + ½ Cups plain flour
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ Cup warm water
- Combine the warm water, sugar & yeast in a jug, stir and set aside in a warm place until bubbles form.
- In a food mixer (using the dough hook) place the flour & sea salt, mixing slowly, add the water and yeast mix, mix until the dough has come together.
- Cover with a damp tea towel & set aside for 30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- In a small bowl combine the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, olive oil, garlic & parsley, mix well to combine. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To make the pizzas, Once the pizza dough has doubled in size, remove from bowl and half, roll out on a floured board.
- Generously cover the base of the pizza with the tomato sauce, fold the slices of Spanish salami and layer on the base, add the olives and top with the mozzarella cheese. Cook in a pizza oven or in a preheated oven at 180℃ until the base is cooked and the cheese is golden brown. Sprinkle with the fresh oregano leaves and sprinkle with cracked black pepper.
- Makes 2 pizzas