Sesame and Panko Crumbed Chicken Tenderloins
Published 19th April, 2022
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 30 Mins Cooking: 30 Mins
- Sesame and Panko Crumbed Chicken Tenderloins
- 3 Cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbls Black Sesame Seeds
- 3 tbls Black Sesame Seeds
- 3 Eggs
- 1 ½ Cups Plain Flour
- Sea Salt
- Vegetable Oil
Spicy Korean Sesame Dipping Sauce
- 5 tbls Soy
- 2 tbls Sesame Oil
- 1 tbls Chilli in Oil
- 2 tbls Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbls Toasted White Sesame Seeds
- 1 ½ tbls Honey
- In a large bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, white and black sesame seeds. Mix well to combine.
- In another bowl crack the eggs and whisk. Place the plain flour in a third bowl.
- Season the chicken tenderloins with sea salt. One at a time, dip the chicken tenderloins into the flour, shake off the excess. Dip into the egg and then crumb in the panko breadcrumbs, place on a tray and repeat until all of the tenders are crumbed.
- Heat a large frypan over a medium heat, add the vegetable oil until it is approximately one centimetre deep.
- Fry the tenderloins on the first side until golden brown, turn and cook on the other side until golden brown. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towel.
- To make the spicy Korean sesame dipping sauce, place the soy, sesame oil, chilli in oil, rice vinegar, toasted sesame seeds and honey in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Serve the chicken tenderloins with the sesame dipping sauce and mayonnaise.
- These chicken tenderloins are also delicious served cold or in a crusty roll with lettuce leaves and mayonnaise.
- Chilli in oil is available in Asian grocers.