Lamb Koftas with Turkish Garlic Yoghurt Sauce
Published 17th August, 2021
Cuisine: Turkish Serves: 4
Preparation: 30 Mins Cooking: 20 Mins
- 500gm Barossa Fine Foods Lamb Koftas
- 2 Lebanese Cucumbers
- ¼ Bunch Mint
- ¼ Bunch Flat leaf Parsley
- 1 Small Red Onion, finely sliced
- Mixed Salad Leaves
Turkish Yogurt Dip
- 1½ Cups Greek Yoghurt
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbls Lemon Juice
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Greek Yoghurt
- 1 ½ Cups Self Raising Flour
- Sea Salt
- 2 tbls Flat Leaf Parsley
- Firstly make the yoghurt dip, place the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice and minced garlic in a bowl. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
- To make the flat bread, combine the yogurt, self raising flour, a pinch of sea salt and the chopped parsley in a large bowl, mix until a dough forms, kneed for a couple of minutes. Rest for five minutes. Divide the dough into equally portions (4 large or 8 smaller) roll each portion into a ball. Roll each ball out on a floured board with a rolling pin to a thickness of 2-3mm.
- In a dry fry pan over medium heat, cook each flatbread for 2-3 minutes on one side and 1 minute on the other until puffed, lightly browned and cooked through.
- Slice the cucumbers and red onions, mix with the salad leaves and herbs.
- Cook the koftas on the barbecue or in a frypan, serve with the salad, flatbreads and salad.