Lamb Boneless Forequarter Roast
Published 19th July, 2022
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 2 Hrs 45 Mins
- 1.5-2kg Boneless Forequarter Roast
- 1 kg Baby Potatoes
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- Rosemary Sprigs
- ½ Bunch of Thyme
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- 2 tbls Olive Oil
- 1 tbls Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tbls Minced Garlic
- 1 tbls Dried Oregano
- 1 tbls Thyme, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 220℃
- Remove the lamb forequarter roast from the packaging and pat dry with paper towel. In a small bowl place the olive oil, smoked paprika, sea salt, black pepper, minced garlic, dried oregano and chopped thyme. Mix well to combine. Rub the entire surface of the lamb with the mixture.
- Toss the baby potatoes in the olive oil and place in a deep sided roasting tray. Add the beef stock until it is half way up the potatoes. Add a few sprigs of rosemary and thyme. Place the lamb roast on top of the potatoes.
- Put the tray in the oven, roast for 10-15 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and loosely cover with foil. Reduce the oven temperature to 150℃. Cook in the oven for a further 2 and a half hours.
- Remove the foil and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve the lamb roast with the potatoes, extra rosemary, thyme and gravy.