Italian Meatball Tagliatelle
Published 23rd May, 2023
Cuisine: Italian Serves: 4
Preparation: 10 Mins Cooking: 30 Mins
- 1 Packet Barossa Fine Foods Italian Meatballs
- 2 tbls Olive Oil
- ½ Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (400 gm) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup Dry Rosé
- 1 tsp sugar
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Fresh Basil Leaves, to serve
- In a large frypan over a medium heat cook the meatballs in olive oil until browned on all sides. Remove the meatballs from the pan and set aside.
- To make the sauce, use the same pan, add the onion and garlic and fry over a medium heat until soft. Add the tomatoes, wine and sugar, reduce heat, simmer until the sauce has reduced a little.
- Return the meatballs to the pan and simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has thickened. Taste the sauce, season with sea salt and pepper
- While the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta. Drain well. Serve topped with the meatballs and sauce, garnish with the basil leaves and cracked black pepper.
- Beef or chicken stock may be substituted for the rosé in the tomato sauce.
- We’ve used Tagliatelle in this recipe, spaghetti, fettuccini or penne would also work well for this recipe.