Chipotle Slow Cooked Pork Shoulder
Published 1st January, 2019
Cuisine: Australian / American Serves: 4
Preparation: 30 Mins Cooking: 5 Hrs
- 1.8 - 2kg Barossa Fine Foods Pork Scotch Fillet
- 1 large brown Onion, sliced
- ½ cup Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
- 1 tbls Smoked Paprika
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbls ground Cumin
- 2 tsp ground Coriander
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup Malt Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 150℃
- To prepare the Pork Scotch Fillet, in a bowl combine the chipotle in adobo sauce, smoked paprika, brown sugar, cumin, coriander & white pepper.
- Mix the ingredients to a paste, rub the paste over the pork shoulder and place in the refrigerator for one hour or overnight if time allows.
- In a deep roasting pan place the sliced onions, chicken stock & malt vinegar, put the marinated Pork Scotch on top.
- Cover the Pork Scotch with a layer of baking paper and then seal the roasting tray with foil, double wrap with two layers of foil ensuring that the tray is well sealed.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack and cook for five hours at 150℃
- Remove from the oven and carefully place the pork on a serving platter, ladle over the pan juices and serve. The pork can easily be shredded using two forks.
- Serve with brioche rolls, salad leaves & chipotle mayonnaise