Beef Fillet Steak with French Pate
Published 21st December, 2021
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 30 Mins Cooking: 20 Mins
- 4 x 200 gm Barossa Fine Foods Beef Fillet Steaks
- 200 gm French Pate
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 250 gm Portabello Mushrooms
- 2 tbls Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbls Chopped Italian Parsley
- 100 gm Butter
- 1 bunch English Spinach
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180℃
- Place the pastry sheet on a board and cut out simple leaf shapes. Place on a tray lined with baking paper, brush lightly with beaten egg and bake in the oven until puffed and golden brown.
- Allow the steaks to come to room temperature before cooking. Brush the steaks with oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Preheat a char grill, barbecue or heavy based pan to very hot. Cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side, allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- To prepare the mushrooms, trim the mushroom stalks and slice, in a heavy based fry pan heat the olive oil over a high heat, add the mushrooms and brown for a few minutes on each side. Add the butter and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, reduce the heat, add the chopped parsley and cook for a further minute.
- Serve the steaks on the wilted spinach, add the mushrooms and pastry leaves, top the steaks with a slice of the French pate. Serve with gravy.