Beef Burger With Cherry Tomato Relish
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 12
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 40 Mins
- 1 Tbls Olive Oil
- ½ Red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 600gm Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Caster Sugar
- ½ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- Sea Salt & Ground White Pepper
- In a small saucepan cook the onions & garlic with a pinch of sea salt in the Olive Oil until the onion has softened.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, Vinegar & season with the sea salt & pepper, mix well.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat slightly & cook for 15-30 minutes, gently breaking down the tomatoes with a wooden spoon & stirring to prevent it from sticking.
- Cook until the mixture has thickened & looks Jammy.
- Once thickened adjust the seasoning (it may need a little more sugar or vinegar) Spoon the Relish into a sterilised jar, it will keep for 1-2 weeks.