Asian Chilli Jam
Published 6th September, 2021
Preparation: 10 Mins Cooking: 20 Mins
- 6 Long Red Chillies
- ½ Small Brown Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 3 cm Knob of Ginger
- 1 tbls Sesame Oi
- 2 tbls Peanut Oil
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- ½ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Fish Sauce
- Peel and roughly chop the onion, garlic and ginger. Remove the stalks from the chillies and roughly chop. Place in a small food bowl and pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped.
- In a saucepan over a medium to low heat add the peanut oil and sesame oil. Cook the chilli mixture over the heat, stirring constantly until all of the moisture has evaporated and the mixture has started to caramelise, Approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Add the rice wine vinegar, ground coriander, fish sauce and brown sugar, mix well to combine. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 6 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Stir while simmering.
- Allow to cool slightly before pouring into a sterilised jar
- The chilli jam will keep for 3 weeks in the refrigerator. Perfect with seafood, chicken and pork.